Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Homemade Granola Bars- Yummy!

Dear Sarah, Hannah, Joshua & Julia,

One of your most favorite snacks to eat: granola bars. It adds up even buying boxes on sale and with coupons with 4 little ones snacking on them! So when we played at the park with another home schooled family that we know through MOPS (Jennifer Butler), I was thrilled when she gave Hannah a piece of bar that she made from scratch- and Hannah, you LOVED it! I couldn't wait to get the recipe to try it. Yesterday, all 4 of you had so much fun helping Mommy measure the ingredients and bake the bars. You ate the whole batch up in one day that this morning I made more! Here is the recipe:

Oat & Almond Granola Breakfast Bars

1/2 c. veg. oil (I use canola oil)
1/2 c. honey
2 tsp. vanilla
1 large egg
Mix all the wet ingredients together. I mix it in my 2 cup liquid measuring cup.

2 c. old fashioned oats (it's o.k. if you use quick oats)
3/4 c. flour (I use whole wheat flour)
1/4 or 1/2 c. light brown sugar
1/2 c. sliced almonds (I grind it in my blender first so the granola bars are more chewy than crunchy)
1/2 c. toasted wheat germ, oat bran or flax seed
1/2 c. raisins
3/4 tsp. salt

Mix the wet and dry ingredients together
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil- grease foil then lay it in the pan.
Bake 25-30 minutes.
Cool completely for about an hour and then cut.
Enjoy!!

Also, I wanted to share with you what I heard at lunch today before you ate. Joshua: "Dear God Amen" Julia: "My turn, Dear God thank you Mamen" It was so cute!! I am so thankful that God gave me four beautiful children! I love you.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment